Getting a new job is a common occurrence today, as the average person changes jobs ten to fifteen occasions in their lifetime. It is not an uncommon for people holding jobs for less than a year, but the important thing to remember is that there are literally thousands of employment opportunities out there, you just need to look for them. In this article we will tell you how to successfully find your ideal job in 2017.
Most effective job seeking methods:
1.Harness your network. Leverage your professional network to gain insight on job opportunities. Within your present network there are probably three jobs that will be suitable for you. Make a list of everyone you know. Establish a goal to touch base with five individuals you haven't spoken to for a year or more. Meet with one of these colleagues for coffee or lunch. The key strategy is to make a list of the 20 most influential people in your network and figure out ways to connect with them, taking advantage of their established network.
Photo: Freeimages.com/Mihai Eustatiu
2. Contact or write to prospective employers, or those working for the companies that you would like to move into, either requesting advice or inquiring about future job opportunities. You dont need to be too direct. Ask for 15 minutes of their time and their advice on your career objectives. Inquire about their core business and their companies future business plans and explore if there could be a potential opportunity for you if those plans work out.
3. Attend industry events. Put yourself out there, meeting new people will open doors of opportunity for you. Speak with at least one person at every meeting whom you haven't met yet. Come prepared to the event with a pre-filtered list of the attendees and identify the ones who are of greatest value to your network.
4. LinkedIn is a strong network to readily connect with the right people. Search your intended market, filter people based on qualifications, your own industry, university and interests, and connect with those who interest you the most. As an example, if you work in the financial sector, you can set an objective to connect with decision makers and human resource departments in your industry. Set specific goals, such as: connecting with all pre-qualified human resource directors in the financial industry by the end of the month.
5. Constantly check job forums.Recruiters and many firms use them to find the suitable nominees. Filter the employment forums by skill set, only use forums that directly relate to your expertise. Utilize an appealing headline to attract your potential employer. Make your resume curriculum unique from the competition to avoid being transferred to the unwanted pile of candidates.
Photo: Charles Thompson/Freeimages.com
6. Contact headhunters. Top-level executives and senior grade professionals are recruited by or almost entirely through recommendations or by headhunters. We all know there are many occupations that'll never be advertised and we've got over 25 years of expertise managing confidential opportunities. Carefully select at least 3 executive search firms that will help you transition to the employment opportunity you are looking for.
7. Use social media to your benefit.It is essential to make yourself visible to those seeking individuals with your expertise and talents. Spend time constantly enhancing your LinkedIn profile. This is one of the most significant social networking actions for job seekers and people considering a change. You have to distinguish yourself from others as you're seeking exactly the same job.
Private web blogs have become more common. Create one yourself, and post interesting articles about industry related topics. Build your authority by constantly creating editorial value to others. Nowadays you don't need to be a professional writer to blog, you just need industry insight and an outlet to distribute your content.
Remember that job hunting is a full time job
In the event that you want additional guidance about job placement and recruitment opportunities worldwide, dont hesitate to get hold of us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barbachano International (BIP) the Human Capital Solutions leader in Mexico, Latin America and the USA offering high impact executive search, executive coaching and outplacement. Directly and through our partners, we have offices in Mexico, USA, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, and Paraguay. Our corporate offices are in San Diego, California. Phone: 619-427-2310.