"FYI", the best things to purchase during Black Friday is electronics, kitchen appliances, DVDs and video games. So if any of these are on your Christmas shopping list, start getting in line because most stores offer great deals.
However the worst things to buy are winter clothing, toys, luxury items, Christmas decorations, and jewelry. The discounts for these items are not really that wonderful, and the prices on these can be found any other day without all the mayhem.
Some people even make a game plan to shop, they go and purchase the items they came for and don't care about anything else. It seems that they even got a pep talk before getting out of the car, so for this San Diego Red offers you some small but helpful advice :
1. Research: Search the ads, find the coupons, do this early on so you have several options.
2. Game plan: It is very important that you have one, make it small, keep it simple, and identify what you want.
3. Keep track of the time: Be well informed about the time that stores will open, arrange you're shopping from earliest to latest, timing is everything.
4. Keep calm and save money: Black Friday door busters tend to have limited quantities. If a store only has 10 items at that price, go elsewhere.
5. Be safe: Don't be as part of the statistics of accidents that occur on Black Friday, avoid being embarrassed on TV on a video of people stomping over you, or screaming like a maniac, keep calm and be polite.
6. Never ignore: Stores that don't advertise also have great deals, some of them very surprising, it does not hurt to take a short peek at them.
7. Snacks: Bring a small snack especially if you are shopping with children, a small snack sitting in their stroller will do the trick.
Don't miss out this year; many malls have recently opened new stores.
Fashion valley is one that has been making changes, openings and remodeling. If high fashion is what you are looking for, this is the place, they have stores like Nordstrom, Macys, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus which all can be found all in one place and great boutiques like Carolina Herrera, Hermes, Ferragamo, Gucci, Chanel and the newest addition, Zara a very popular Spanish brand that has opened its first and only store in San Diego.
If you are a bargain shopper like many people, consider visiting the two new stores at Las Americas Premium Outlet Center Marshalls and Ross that have already opened its doors; the stores are located behind the main shopping mall.