The website Confused.com put together a list of the top 10 songs to drive to, songs which because of their rhythm help to prevent car collisions.
According to a study conducted by Professor Simon Moore from the London Metropolitan University, after analyzing some of the songs that made it into this list, the study revealed that the beat in these melodies come close to those of the human heart.
The type of effect this may have on someone who is driving is that it usually either maintains or increases the heart rate.
The study concluded that the optimum volume when driving is 55 to 65 decibels, while the ideal beat or tempo of the song should mimic those of the heart, 60-80 beats per minute.
The top ten songs to listen to while driving are:
1. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
2. Billionaire Feat. Bruno Mars – Travie McCoy
3. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
4. The Scientist – Coldplay
5. Tiny Dancer – Elton John
6. Cry Me a River – Justin Timberlake
7. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
8. Karma Police – Radiohead
9. Never Had a Dream Come True – S Club 7
10. Skinny Love – Bon Iver
VIDEO : I'm yours - Jason Mraz
On the other hand, here is the list of songs that could increase your chances of getting into an accident.
1. Hey Mama – The Black Eyed Peas
2. Dead on Arrival – Fall Out Boy
3. Paper Planes – M.I.A
4. Walkie Talkie Man – Steriogram
5. Paradise City - Guns N’ Roses
6. How You Remind Me – Nickelback
7. Hit the Road, Jack – Ray Charles
8. Get Rhythm – Johnny Cash
9. Heartless – Kanye West
10. Young, Wild and Free – Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa (feat. Bruno Mars)
What type of songs do you listen to?