Before leaving home, check out the places that have been reopened and the measures that have been taken in this region of Baja California
The New Normal has come to Baja California, being a border state there are many interested to keep visiting it in spite of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
However, before leaving home we invite you to know which places have opened their doors again, under what measures and at what times; specifically in the city of Rosarito for being one of the most attractive places for tourists and one with the least number of infections from COVID-19.
All this in order to protect your family and the Baja Californian natives, as well as to contemplate the activities you might find during your stay in Rosarito.
1. Rosarito Beaches: Rosarito authorities notified that their beaches will have exclusive hours, mainly to relax the mind and practice sports, so you can visit them Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., and in the afternoon from 5:00 to 7:00. While on weekends they remain closed to the public.
2. Hotels: Although these never closed their doors (only if they did not comply with sanitary measures), your favorite hotel will be ready to receive you, but remember that they are only allowed a 30% capacity and you will have to go through sanitary filters (temperature taking, antibacterial gel, sanitized mat, use of mask, safe distancing). At the same time, you will be able to find access to jacuzzis and swimming pools, but with only 25% of their capacity.
Authorities emphasized that while children or minors are in a pool, their parents or an adult must supervise them to maintain a safe distance from other people.
3. Spa: If the hotel you are staying at has this service, we invite you to ask about its availability, since some of them only allow a maximum of two people and for a period of 1 hour. In the case of minors, they must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Barbecue Spaces: Although some hotels have this option, for the moment it will not be available since we try to avoid overcrowding in these spaces.
5. Airbnb: If you prefer to use this app, in Rosarito it is also available, but also with some sanitary measures, like the protocolé "Casa Segura", which is designed for the hosts to provide security to their guests during this situation.
6. Restaurants: If the restaurant you usually go to complies with the hygiene protocols established by the National Chamber of the Restaurant and Food Industry (CANIRAC) in Rosarito, you can find it open but you must wear your mask, respect the sanitary measures, and keep in mind that the capacity is only 30%. You also have the option of ordering to go.
7. Museums: These spaces in Baja California already operate but only with 25% of their capacity and like the rest of the activities, only if they follow the sanitary measures and protocols.
8. Rosarito Tennis Center: According to Rosarito authorities, starting this Monday, August 10, the Tennis Center, located in the Municipal Institute of Sports of this town, will reopen its doors.