Baja California

Only 1% of those confirmed under COVID-19 in Baja California are hospitalized

Only 1% of those confirmed under COVID-19 in Baja California are hospitalized

Photo by: Solo para ilustrar / Parentingupstream en Pixabay

After presenting the active cases located in Baja California, the Secretary of Health, Alonso Perez Rico, rectified that as long as these cases decrease, the pandemic will end in the region.

So far, the state has 189 active cases, where Mexicali is now at the top of the list, having more of these cases, and moved Tijuana to second place.

The state's capital also remains as the location with most positive cases accumulated, with 8 thousand 547 of the 18 thousand 524 registered in Baja California. In addition, it was where more new cases were reported (20), compared to the rest of the municipalities.

At this point, the Secretary of Health showed that of the confirmed cases in the state, only 1% are hospitalized, which is good, since this refers to the fact that only this percentage is in serious condition, in contrast to the other 99% who are ambulatory.

He also pointed out that young adults between 30-34 years old are the second age group, after those over 65, who have tested positive for COVID-19.

In the case of deaths, the region totals 3 thousand 386, of which a large part was reported in Mexicali, where one thousand 514 were recorded.

Besides seeing a decrease in active cases, it is worth mentioning that 10 thousand 641 Baja Californians have already recovered from coronavirus.

How are you living the New Normal?

Related video: COVID-19 could last until April 2021 in Mexico

Comments

  • Facebook

  • SanDiegoRed

 
 
  • New

  • Best

    Recent News more

    Subir