With the goal of helping young Mexican and Latino immigrants or their children, those who have completed a high school-level education and were accepted to college, the General Consulate of Mexico in San Diego and the Metropolitan Area Advisory Committee on Anti-Poverty, Inc. (MAAC), with the support of the Instituto de los Mexicanos en el Extranjero, invites you to participate in the Colibrí MX scholarship open.
This scholarship, which aims to benefit 70 young people, consist in a one thousand dollar economical support, which will be given in cash in a one time payment, under the completion of the following requirements:
1. Be an immigrant of Mexican or Latino origin, or a child of Mexican or Latino immigrants (you must submit a copy of your birth certificate or personal identification)
2. Have completed high school with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
3. Be selected to enter college in San Diego in the fall of 2020
4. Have financial needs and lives in San Diego
5. Fill in the survey that appears in the following link
6. Write a 600 word essay expressing the importance of going to college and answering what you have done to make your school or community a better place, as well as describing how you have worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced. It should be sent to the following link
7. Provide proof of San Diego County residency (for example a copy of a utility bill with applicant's or parent's name)
8. Provide a professional or educational reference (teacher, employer, or mentor)
All these requirements, as well as the process will be done online due to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, for more information we invite you to click the following link where you will find contact information and more details about this open call.
You have until Wednesday July 8th to become one of the first Colibrí to fly. Are you ready? If you know someone that is about to go to college in San Diego share this information.
You may like this video