As of this Monday, weather forecasts announce that this week's situation for Tijuana will be very varied: for Monday and Tuesday sunny days are expected with a maximum temperature of 75°F (24°C) and a minimum of 48°F (9°C). As for the wind, it is expected that tomorrow the wind speed will be reduced only to return stronger on Wednesday, March 3.
Wednesday will be a day where it will be necessary to take the appropriate measures, since the Meteored website announces that there is a 90% chance of rain, and it will be quite cold compared to previous days. In addition, wind gusts will be faster (30-50 km/h).
However, by Thursday the wind will decrease in intensity and there is a 70% forecast of lighter rain, but the freezing temperature will remain, at least until Sunday, March 7. Similar conditions are expected for neighboring entities such as Rosarito, Ensenada and Tecate.
Civil Protection of Tijuana issued, from its official Facebook account, the following recommendations:
- Protect yourself from sudden temperature changes.
- -Protect yourself from solar radiation (direct or indirect) and avoid as much as possible exposure between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- -Do not throw away lit cigarette butts. Do not burn garbage
- Do not burn garbage or grass, or light bonfires.
- -Stay away from billboards or tall/large objects such as: poles, trees, palm trees, as well as electrical, telephone and data cables and wires that may fall due to strong winds.
- -Follow the recommendations made by the Health authorities and by the Civil Protection Department.
RELATED VIDEO: Border News 4th week of February 2021