Mexican athletes could not be absent from the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, and with them the eight representatives of Baja California, the ones who achieved their pass to such an important event.
The Baja California athletes who will put this state of Mexico on the map in eight different disciplines are: Alexa Moreno (Mexicali), Daniel Corral (Ensenada), Luis "Abuelo" Alvarez (Mexicali), Aremi Fuentes (Mexicali), Diego Alekce Cervantes (Mexicali), Roman Ali Solis (Mexicali), Adrián Gonzalez (Tijuana), and Eder Frayre (Ensenada).
Under the colors of Mexico, Baja California will have a historic participation in Tokyo 2020, with eight athletes and five coaches, meaning the largest participation ever.
Who are the coaches? Luis Sosa, Ensenada, in gymnastics; Horacio Morales, Mexicali, in golf; Maiquel Rodríguez, Mexicali, in fencing; as well as baseball manager Benjamín Gil, Tijuana, and softball manager Carlos Bernaldez, Ensenada.
It is worth mentioning that Luis "Abuelo" Álvarez, dedicated to Archery, will be the first to participate, this Thursday at 9:00 p.m. (Baja California time) it is his turn to shoot for the Qualifying Round.
According to the State Institute of Sports and Physical Culture (INDE), these are the times when Baja Californians can be supported from their homes, considering the 16 hours difference between Baja California and Japan:
Luis "Grandfather" Álvarez (Mexicali)
- On July 22nd he shoots in the Individual Qualifying Round; at 9:00 p.m.
- On July 23rd he shoots in Mixed Teams (with Alejandra Valencia from Sonora); at 5:30 p.m.
- On July 26, he will compete in the first and second individual rounds; at 7:30 p.m.
- On July 30, i he advances, he will compete in the finals, from the round of 16; at 5:30 p.m.
Eder Frayre (Ensenada)
- On July 23, he competes on the road; at 7:00 p.m.
Daniel Corral (Ensenada)
- On July 23, he competes in men's qualification; at 6:00 p.m.
- If they advance, on July 28 is the final of the Individual All Around; at 3:15 a.m.
- If they advance, the finals begin on August 1; at 1:00 a.m.
Alexa Moreno (Mexicali)
- She will compete on July 24 in the women's classification; at 6:00 p.m.
- If she advances, the All Around Individual final will be held on July 29; at 3:50 a.m.
- If she advances, the finals begin on August 1; at 1:00 a.m.
Diego Cervantes (Mexicali)
- On July 25, he fences in Individual Men's Foil; at 17:30 hours.
Alí Solís and Adrián González
-On July 29, when Mexico will face the Dominican Republic; at 10:00 p.m.
Aremi Fuentes (Mexicali)
- She lifts on August 1 in the
-76 kilograms division; at 3:50 a.m.
Related video: Golf ball is struck by lightning in mid-air