December 9 is a special day for Baja California as the Tijuana-Tecate tourist train will be reactivated so you can experience a beautiful trip with your family and friends.
We are only a few days away from the Tijuana-Tecate route joining the list of exclusive tourist trains in Mexico where we can also find routes such as Chepe, Tequila Express, and Puebla-Cholula.
A train ride is an unparalleled experience as you will be able to admire incredible natural landscapes while immersing yourself in an atmosphere that will make you feel as if you were in a movie. And on this occasion, this tourist train has some Christmas surprises for you.
What will happen during this train ride?
The train ride begins at Antigua Estación García on Saturday, December 9 at 1 PM. From there, it travels to Tecate so that you can enjoy time away from the city and the traditional Christmas lights parade. It will come back to Tijuana at 10 PM.
While in the wagon, you'll be able to see amazing landscape views and ecological reserves while enjoying snacks, drinks, and surprises. On this occasion, this train is Christmas themed.
Get your tickets!
Tickets are available and can be bought through WhatsApp at 664-694-12-86 or in person at: Café Therapy at Calle Miguel Alemán Valdés or in Dos Lobos Coffee Roasters, located in Playas de Tijuana.
1 ticket costs $550 pesos per person and it includes:
• Round trip
• Traveler's insurance
• View of panoramic "La Presa" lookout
• Affordable drinks and snacks
• Free time in Tecate (5 hours approximately)
• Entertainment in the train including live music, storytellers, and more
Children younger than 12 years of age and seniors can get discounts.
Maximum security kept at tourist train
Every day, proper authorities inspect the 31 kilometers of the railway to make sure that it is in good condition. In addition, the train is certified by the Secretariat of Communications and Transport, always prioritizing the safety of the more than 250 passengers so that they can have an unforgettable and 100% safe trip.
In addition, the train has restrooms and a second floor to make sure all travelers are comfortable.
• This train is very timely when departing from Tecate and Tijuana. This is to make sure that the train leaves and arrives in time, which is why we recommend arriving 20 minutes in advance.
• Though any child can get on the train, it is not recommended to bring babies or children 4 years old or younger.
• Antigua Estación García has a completely safe parking lot. Leaving your car here all day will only cost you $30 pesos.
• We recommend warm clothes. If you're wearing heels, make sure they have a thick end to prevent accidents.
Without a doubt, the reactivation of the Tijuana-Tecate tourist train represents part of the history of our region, which attracts local and foreign tourists. Don't miss this unique train experience and create unforgettable memories with your loved ones!