The Secretary of Health, Alonso Perez Rico, reported the COVID-19 cases update that are present in Baja California, this Thursday morning, October 22.
According to what was presented by the Secretary, the entity continues to increase its active cases, because despite being a changing number it continues to worry the authorities since they are the ones that give strength to the pandemic.
As of the October 21st cut-off date, the State has 422 active cases, of which almost 200 are located in Mexicali and over 100 in Tijuana.
It is worth mentioning that at least in Tijuana there are 17 neighborhoods that concentrate the active cases, according to Perez Rico during the morning transmission last Tuesday, October 20:
- Camino Verde/Grupo Mexico (7 active cases)
- Colinas de California (3 active cases)
- Las Cumbres (3 active cases)
- Praderas de la Mesa (2 active cases)
- Las Delicias (2 active cases)
- Lomas de la Presa (2 active cases)
- Tres de Octubre (2 active cases)
- Amp. Sanchez Taboada (2 active cases)
- Las Granjas (2 active cases)
- Villas del Cedro 2 (2 active cases)
- Obrera 2da Secc. (2 active cases)
- Pedregal de Santa Julia (2 active cases)
- Libertad (2 active cases)
- Zona Centro (2 active cases)
- Zona Norte (2 active cases)
- Altamira (2 active cases)
- El Mirador (2 active cases)
In the case of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Baja California, to date they total 21 thousand 281, while the number of people who have lost their lives due to this disease is 3 thousand 755.
However, at least 14 thousand 722 patients have managed to recover from the current coronavirus.
Do you think that the health crisis will last longer? What measures are you taking to continue protecting yourself?
Related video: 4 horror stories of Tijuana